– The 3DR Radio telemetry system is designed as an open source Xbee replacement radio set, offering a lower price, longer range and superior performance to Xbee radios. It’s available in 433Mhz; and in the following configurations: serial board (for the air) and USB (for the ground).
– The radio is a 2-way half-duplex wireless communication system with a standard TTL UART interface, based on HopeRF’s HM-TRP data link modules, and custom firmware that improves upon the modules’ original features and performance.
– The SiK firmware includes a bootloader that permits radio firmware upgrades over the serial interface, and radio firmware with configurable parameters. Firmware upgrades and configuration are fully supported in the APM Mission Planner. Configuration is also possible through AT commands.
3DR Telemetry Kit Specifications
– Very small size
– Light weight (under 4 grams without antenna)
– Receiver sensitivity to -121 dBm
– Transmit power up to 20dBm (100mW)
– Transparent serial link
– Air data rates up to 250kbps
– MAVLink protocol framing and status reporting
– Frequency hopping spread spectrum (FHSS)
– Adaptive time division multiplexing (TDM)
– Support for LBT and AFA
– Configurable duty cycle
– Built in error correcting code (can correct up to 25% data bit errors)
– Demonstrated range of several kilometers with a small omni antenna
– Can be used with a bi-directional amplifier for even more range
– Open source firmware
– AT commands for radio configuration
– RT commands for remote radio configuration
– Adaptive flow control when used with APM
– Based on HM-TRP radio modules, with Si1000 8051 micro-controller and Si4432 radio module
You must be logged in to post a review.